DJMAX RESPECT is a music game for the PlayStation 4 developed by Rocky Studio and Neowiz MUCA, and published by Neowiz Games. In Japan, the game was published by Arc System Works.
It is the first installment of the game on a home console, and serves as a reboot to the series after a hiatus since 2015.
DJMAX RESPECT was announced on May 10, 2016. It was released on July 28, 2017 in Korea and Asia; November 9, 2017 in Japan; and March 6, 2018 in America and Europe. The game received physical and limited edition releases in every region except for America and Europe.
placeholder, will be filled in
- On release, the game included every song from DJMAX Portable and DJMAX Portable 2 (except for Dreadnought, CnP, and Ask to Wind (바람에게 부탁해) (Live Mix), all of which were added in later updates), as well as 40 new songs original to RESPECT.
- First time 5B and 8B have been seen since DJMAX BLACK SQUARE.
- 6BFX has once again been renamed to 8B.
- All background animations from previous games have been updated and remastered to support a 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.
- The scoring system has been overhauled to reflect that of DJMAX TECHNIKA 2 and DJMAX TECHNIKA 3. Each song has a base score of 300,000 points, the maximum score that can be achieved without utilizing the score multiplier derived from the Fever system.
- Online mode, in which two players can play against one another to aim for the highest scores. Two players can play different chart difficulties of the same song concurrently.
- In-game achievements have been implemented. The achievement system is used to unlock in-game content such as new songs, interface skins, online profile accessories, and artwork. Most PlayStation Network trophies for the game are tied to this system as well.
- Characters have been removed.
- Fever no longer increases note speed, and speed can be freely changed while Fever is engaged.
- Speed now increments by 0.25x.
- New effectors have been added.