DJMAX RESPECT is a rhythm music game for the PlayStation 4 developed by Rocky Studio and Neowiz MUCA. It is published by Neowiz Games in South Korea, Arc System Works in Japan, and Sony Interactive Entertainment for worldwide digital release.
It is the first instalment of the game on a home console, and serves as a reboot to the series after a hiatus since 2015.
- 1 Pre-release/Release
- 2 Features
- 3 Game Tracklist
- 3.1 DLC Packs
- 3.1.1 Trilogy DLC Pack
- 3.1.2 Guilty Gear DLC Pack
- 3.1.3 Clazziquai Edition DLC Pack
- 3.1.4 Technika DLC Pack
- 3.1.5 Dok2 - ONLY ON DLC Pack
- 3.1.6 Black Square DLC Pack
- 3.1.7 Girls' Frontline DLC Pack
- 3.1.8 Technika 2 DLC Pack
- 3.1.9 Brown Dust DLC Pack
- 3.1.10 ESTIMATE DLC Pack
- 3.1.11 Deemo DLC Pack
- 3.1.12 Groove Coaster DLC Pack
- 3.1 DLC Packs
DJMAX RESPECT was announced on May 10, 2016. It was released on July 28, 2017 in Korea and Asia; November 9, 2017 in Japan; and March 6, 2018 in America and Europe. The game received physical and limited edition releases in every region except for America and Europe.
DJMAX RESPECT features six modes on the main menu.
- ARCADE - Classic game mode where players choose three songs from randomly generated sets of song available, purchased, or yet to be unlocked for Freestyle mode.
- FREESTYLE - Free play mode where players can choose any song that are unlocked for Freestyle use. Players can play the game solo or play with a friend through local multiplayer - a first in the history of DJMAX.
- MISSION - The campaign mode where players must complete an objective from a certain sets of songs and added effector. The objective ranges from achieving certain score or combo streak.
- ONLINE BATTLE - Online multiplayer mode that allows players to compete against each other through the Internet. PlayStation Plus subscription is required to access this feature.
- RANKING - Players can view their ranking on an online leaderboard. Players are automatically qualified for leaderboard if they are connected to internet where scores are automatically submited.
- COLLECTION - Players can check and customize their profile, track their statistics, achievements, and view unlockables such as artwork and song BGA.
- On release, the game included every song from DJMAX Portable and DJMAX Portable 2 (except for Dreadnought, CnP, River Flow, and Ask to Wind (바람에게 부탁해) (Live Mix), all of which except for River Flow were added in later updates). This brings a total of 107 songs from Portable games playable in the game, as well as 40 new original songs for RESPECT.
- Total number of playable tracks will increase over time as Neowiz planned to release songs from newer DJMAX games as DLCs. DLCs released including DJMAX Trilogy, Metro Project games (Clazziquai Edition, Technika, and Black Square), and Technika 2. Future DLCs releases are yet to be announced.
- In addition to previous DLCs, DJMAX RESPECT also provides collaboration DLCs with various video game franchises and other collaboration themes. This includes DLCs from Guilty Gear, Girls' Frontline, Brown Dust, PlayStation Korea, and many others.
- All background animations from previous games have been updated and remastered to support a 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second. Some BGAs are also updated with added special effects (example is Stay With Me).
- The scoring system has been overhauled to reflect that of DJMAX Technika 2 and DJMAX Technika 3. Each song has a base score of 300,000 points, the maximum score that can be achieved without utilizing the score multiplier derived from the Fever system.
- 5B and 8B patterns appeared again since DJMAX Portable Black Square.
- 6BFX pattern has once again been renamed to 8B.
- DJMAX Respect features Online mode, in which two players can play against one another to aim for the highest scores. Two players can play different chart difficulties of the same song concurrently.
- In-game achievements have been implemented. The achievement system is used to unlock in-game content such as new songs, interface skins, online profile accessories, and artwork. Most PlayStation Network trophies for the game are tied to this system as well.
- Speed now increments by 0.25x.
- New effectors have been added.
- Fever no longer increases note speed, no more Fever lockdown, and speed can be freely changed while Fever is engaged.
- Using Auto Fever will not affect score.
- Characters with modifiers have been removed. Instead, character icons can be purchased as PS4 avatars.
- Gear modifiers (Max LP, Anti-Break, Shield and extended Fever multipliers) have been removed for online leaderboard score balancing.
- Remix System introduced in DJMAX Portable 3 has been removed.
Main article: DJMAX RESPECT:Tracklist
Up to date, DJMAX RESPECT holds the record for most songs in a single DJMAX games ever. DJMAX RESPECT has almost every song ever appeared in DJMAX's history, starting from the Portable releases to the original RESPECT songs. Although the base game only includes songs up to DJMAX Portable 2, songs from later games are released as DLC.
As mentioned above, DJMAX RESPECT features DLCs from previous DJMAX games and collaboration DLCs.
Trilogy DLC Pack
Released on September 28, 2017, Trilogy DLC Pack includes 20 songs from DJMAX Trilogy with remastered BGAs, and 1 original RESPECT song. Trilogy gears, notes, and UI is added as well.
Guilty Gear DLC Pack
The first collaboration DLC, the Guilty Gear DLC Pack was released on November 30, 2017. A partnership with Arc System Works, the DLC contains 3 songs from Guilty Gear games by Daisuke Ishiwatari and Norichika Sato, Guilty Gear gear skin, note, and profile accessories. This DLC is included for the Day One Edition of DJMAX Respect in Japan.
The DLC was announced at G-STAR 2017 event alongside other collaboration DLCs.
Clazziquai Edition DLC Pack
Technika DLC Pack
Dok2 - ONLY ON DLC Pack
The first DLC to include only a single song, Dok2 - ONLY ON DLC Pack was released alongside Technika DLC Pack. A partnership with PlayStation Korea, this DLC only adds one song, Dok2's Only On, which is a promotional song for PlayStation 4 in South Korea.
Black Square DLC Pack
Girls' Frontline DLC Pack
Technika 2 DLC Pack
Brown Dust DLC Pack
Announced at G-STAR 2017, the Brown Dust DLC will feature songs from Brown Dust MMO game.
ESTIMATE DLC Pack
Deemo DLC Pack
Announced at G-STAR 2018 by BEXTER, the Deemo DLC will feature songs from Deemo rhythm mobile game.
Groove Coaster DLC Pack
Announced at G-STAR 2018 by BEXTER, the Groove Coaster DLC will feature songs from Groove Coaster rhythm arcade game.
|Game Modes||Arcade · Freestyle · Mission · Online · Ranking · Collection|
|Informations||Tracklist · Unlockables · Achievements · DLC|
|Related Articles||El Clear · El Fail · Play · Glory Day (Girls' Frontline event) · DJMAX RESPECT U|