|First Appearance||DJMAX RESPECT|
glory day is a song composed by BEXTER and Mycin.T, and sung by DyoN Joo. It is the theme song for DJMAX RESPECT and has become a new fan favorite since its reveal. glory day has a counterpart song, BlackCat, also composed by BEXTER.
glory day took influences from J-rock music. Perhaps the song is designed to mimic anime opening songs, from the theme to its structure. Guitar riffs headlined the song and its key point. Moreover, the song is symbolic in itself from the fact that BEXTER and Mycin.T, representing the old and new generation of DJMAX composers, collaborated and made a great synergy.
K-indie musician DyoN Joo provided vocals for glory day. Her strong voice gave this song a very emotional feeling as it tried to build up the listener's spirit.
Theme songs for DJMAX games are considered to be challenging or some sort of anything except being too easy for players. glory day is no exception to this notion.
glory day involves symbolic themes like death and rebirth, which is comparable to the circumstances regarding the DJMAX franchise for the past years. Moreover, the BGA also has a plethora of cameos and references to previous DJMAX games, in which the visual remixer DumpingLIFE challenged gamers to spot them all.
It tells the story of a girl named Play, who visited a place called Game Graveyard where various DJMAX games and staffs are dead and buried. On the tombstone of L (the character from Ask to wind Live Mix and the mascot for DJMAX Portable), Play prays and placed some offerings; a bunch of DJMAX memorabilia.
From the tombstone, the corpse of L is resurrected as a zombie, along with other DJMAX characters. Play tries to run away but eventually falls. As Play awaits for her doomed fate, her PSP suddenly shines and summoned a large crown which smashes the zombies flat. L's zombified corpse undergoes a transformation and she turns into El Clear, while other characters also turned into their original self. El Clear then gives Play her blessing because she still believes in DJMAX.
SHIHYUN's character design blends in western and eastern influences. Gamers familiar with anime series Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt might find some similarities between glory day and the aforementioned anime series' aesthetics, which in turn was heavily inspired by western cartoons such as Powerpuff Girls.
- DJMAX RESPECT Original Soundtrack
- An acoustic version is played during DJMAX RESPECT credit title. This version is performed by DyoN Joo both on vocal and guitar.
DJMAX RESPECT Original Soundtrack Liner Notes
지쳐가는 너의 눈에는
좀 더 가까이
너를 만난 그 순간을
|glory day |
jichyeoganeun neoui nun-eneun
jom deo gakkai
neoleul mannan geu sungan-eul
tsukarete iku kimi no
motto soba ni
kimi to deatta shunkan
- glory day is the theme song for DJMAX Respect.
- The BGA introduces DJMAX Respect's mascot character El Clear. The girl wearing DJMAX sweater is called Play, and it supposed to represent the gamers playing DJMAX games.
- glory day's BGA is "reused" for BlackCat's BGA albeit with subtle changes. Instead of El Clear, her antithesis El Fail takes her place.
- glory day's BGA is full of homage from previous DJMAX games. According to DumpingLIFE, he put a lot of references and scenes inspired from DJMAX songs. He challenged eagle-eyed gamers to spot each one of them.
- The tombstones in the Game Graveyard is engraved with the names of DJMAX games and the staffs working on them. Some noticeable names including D, Technika, XeoN, Portable 3, NieN, BEXTER, ND Lee, Portable 2, Croove, SARA, Lin-G, Super52, Groove Bear, NG, KIMYS, Panneh, Z_B, DumpingLIFE, ned, and 7 Sequence. You can try to spot more.
- DJMAX Portable tombstone is erected with the main character's statue on top of it. On it, engraved 2006-2013; possibly the living years of Pentavision before being absorbed into Neowiz and then restructured into Neowiz MUCA.
- The items that Play presented at the graveyard is First Kiss' Nana poster, DJMAX Portable Black Square paper speakers, DJMAX Portable Hot Tunes wooden case, a SON OF SUN box, and DJMAX Technika Platinum Crew card with Thor image on it.
- L isn't the only one who gets zombified. Other characters are NB Red from NB RANGER series, Sehra and Nina from Ladymade Star, the bear(?) from Ask to Wind, the cat girl from Every Morning, and Preiya from Oblivion.
- Other DJMAX characters also made an appearance at the end of the BGA. This includes some of the zombified characters and also characters from Hard to Start, End of the Moonlight, BlythE, Sin, Hello Pinky, and Brand NEW Days. Funny enough, Hard to Start is not included in the game due to copyright issues.
- El Clear and Play is shown to recreate various scenes from DJMAX songs. This includes Ladymade Star, Sin, Oblivion, Syriana, and Only For You.
- According to Neowiz MUCA, El Clear is considered a bright and cheerful character.
- She could gain strength from the gamers' love of DJMAX, but her zombified hand will take over when people hate the game and bugs appeared.
- The bracelet on El Clear's left hand is used to hold the zombification and also can be used to summon a star guitar.
- She can get flustered everytime someone mentioned her left hand or do something with it, demonstrated by her quote: "Hold my hand and you'll play DJMAX forever. No! not that hand, THIS hand!"
- DJMAX Respect event in Girls' Frontline mobile game is also titled glory day. The event tells the story of Team ATK wandering into Pocket City and meet various DJMAX characters. They must fight against rogue programs who tried to steal people's memories, and eventually, they fight El Fail who wants to steal all the memories.